Thursday, April 5, 2007

Vagabondblogger vs. Horny Toad III (Lady Kiss That Frog)




Lyrics for: Kiss That Frog, by Peter Gabriel

(aah, yeah)


Jump in the water









Sweet little princess, let me introduce his frogness
You alone can get him singing,
He's all puffed up, wanna be your king
Oh you can do it, c'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon
Lady kiss that frog




Splash, dash, heard your call,
Bring you back your golden ball
He's gonna dive down in the deep end
He's gonna be just like your best friend
So what's one little kiss, one tiny little touch?
Aah, he's wanting it so much
I swear that this is royal blood running through my skin
Oh, can you see the state I'm in
Kiss it better, kiss it better





Get it into your head
He's living with you he sleeps in your bed
Can't you hear beyond the croaking
Don't you know that I'm not joking
Aah, you think you won't, I think you will
Don't you know that this tongue can kill
C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon c'mon c'mon
Lady kiss that frog




Let him sit beside you, eat right off your plate
You don't have to be afraid, there's nothing here to hate
Aah Princess you might like it, if you lower your defense
Kiss that frog, and you will get your prince, get your prince

Jump in the water, c'mon baby jump in with me
Jump in the water, c'mon baby get wet with me
Jump in the water, c'mon baby jump in with me
Jump in the water, c'mon baby get wet, get wet, get wet



Kiss that frog, lady kiss that frog
Kiss that frog, lady kiss that frog

Jump in the water, c'mon baby jump in with me
Jump in the water, c'mon baby get wet with me
Jump in the water, c'mon baby jump in with me
Jump in the water, c'mon baby get wet, get wet, get wet
get wet, get wet
get wet, get wet






Well, the dofda (frogs) are still around, but not as bad as they had been a couple of weeks ago. They start up around 5:30 PM during Prayer Call. They continue throughout the evening, but they don't seem to be as loud now. The only problem I have is, I've been croaking in my sleep - I can hear myself.

"Get it into your head
He's living with you he sleeps in your bed"

It's like when you're snoring so loud you wake yourself up. It's not snoring though, it's croaking. I'm croaking!!!! I'm croaking in my sleep, communicating with newts!

Last night Boss Man and I decided to take our own rubbish (Brit speak for garbage) out, since our boab (doorman) was off to Aswan caring for his ill mother-in-law. I took the camera and as we came around the corner, several cabbies were standing around and I said, "dofda" and pointed to the well. One cabbie came over, leaned in and as you can see from the series of photos, we actually got a much better view and picture of these Horny Little Toads. There are two wells and two frogs in each well. There are other wells nearby and I suspect they have dofda in them too, as once it starts up it's like a freaking cacophony.

Mind you, we have frogs near our house in Connecticut. We live on the river and there's a stream below our house but, even though we have hundreds of frogs there, they do not annoy me as much as these do. Our little Connecticut frogs, which we've accidentally run over in the driveway, are so sweet - or at least they look that way all smashed up.

I'm just so captivated by this debauchery. Garlic and butter? Froglegs? (hmm.) It all sounds like what those snooty foodies call "amuse bouche", which I think is just another pretentious word for appetizer, but still, oh so savory, and amusing.

"Sweet little princess, let me introduce his frogness"

Sweet little dofda, let me intorduce my skewer-reality:

I think sheesh dofda or dofda kabobs would be yummy, but I prefer dofda raised in a cleaner environment - not a sewer well.

"Lady kiss that frog"

Hell No!




Disclaimer: I did not produce this video (I just replayed it) and I have no idea as to whether frogs or flies were harmed in the making of it. And, I really don't give a shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment