Monday, July 16, 2007

Funkengroovin - Playing With Colors

I've seen lots of VW photos in all sorts of awesome colors. Recently I've been straining my eyes, retouching old family photos, which got me to playing around with my iPhoto features. I usually take a photo and post it. I've cleaned up a few marks from photos in March at the Pyramids, but I never really got into intensive cropping or photo manipulation. I've always looked at it from a purists view - a great photo is taken by a really great photographer, someone who has an eye for it. In this day and age, anyone can be a great photographer with the right digital equipment. I've actually been considering purchasing another photo program, mostly to help with those old family photos, but also just for plain old fun. What I can't do, is make a Kandy-Kolored Tangerine-Flaked VW Baby, with my iPhoto effects.  The closest I get to that is my Purple Haze version, below.

BTW, this wreck is for sale. More photos on Wednesday.


Here's several versions of a wrecked VW Beetle Hood:


(L) Original Metallic Blue (R) Antiqued

























(L) Green Machine (R) Purple Haze
























(L) Black and White (R) Black and White with Color Boost




















Simon & Garfunkel - Kodachrome/Maybelline

No comments:

Post a Comment